The compassionate inpatient therapy team at HSHS St. Clare Memorial Hospital is dedicated to helping patients make an optimal recovery.
HSHS St. Clare Memorial Hospital provides a wide range of therapy services including physical, occupational and speech therapy.
The therapists at HSHS St. Clare Memorial Hospital are an integral part of the patient’s comprehensive care and work in collaboration with the patients’ healthcare team — including their physicians, nurses, social workers, case managers and dieticians — to ensure the highest quality of care. Our therapists also assist with discharge plans and home modifications, based on prior level-of-function and special care needs.
The goal of inpatient physical therapy is to restore normal movement and function after a patient undergoes surgery or suffers from an illness or injury. Our dedicated team of licensed physical therapists uses hands-on treatment, exercise and gait training to help you regain independence. Physical therapy assists with:
- Restoring normal function, strength and coordination
- Improving mobility
- Relieving pain
Occupational therapy helps prepare patients to successfully perform daily activities, such as bathing, dressing and home care management. Our highly-skilled occupational therapy team will customize a program to help restore function through:
- Activities of daily living, such as dressing and bathing
- Range-of-motion, strengthening and coordination exercises
- Patient and family education and training in equipment needs
- Vision and memory training
There are times in life when things happen... a stroke, traumatic brain injury, neurological disease or cancer. These may affect your communication, thinking or swallowing. Our skilled speech therapists are specifically trained to restore and rehabilitate these very personal areas in people’s lives.
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Traumatic brain injury
- Parkinson’s disease
- Swallowing dysfunctions
- Aphasia (expressive and receptive language disorders)
- Apraxia (motor control impairments)
- Dysarthria (muscular weakness)
- Social communication issues
- Attention/concentration difficulties
- Clinical swallow evaluations
- Videofluoroscopic swallow studies
- Oropharyngeal and laryngeal strengthening programs
- Safe swallowing strategies and aspiration precautions
- Diet analysis and modification
Almost Home Rehabilitation Program
Our Almost Home nursing and rehabilitation team
is committed to helping you transition from hospital care to your home. Patient needs during recovery vary greatly, so our experts evaluate you and work to meet your unique needs.
HSHS St. Vincent Hospital Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
The HSHS St. Vincent Hospital Rehabilitation unit
is the largest in Northeastern Wisconsin. Our comprehensive services for evaluation and treatment help patients restore function and develop to their highest degree of independence.
Home health and outpatient therapy